1) Purchase your pool tiles and the surrounding walk way tiles wisely, go to an Australian Tile Council member tile shop. Allow time to select your pool mosaic tiles do not rely on others to select your mosaic tiles.
2) The tiles will spend the rest of their life under water and also will be subjected to variable water temperature, pool chemicals and abrasive pool cleaning equipment, swimming pools are obviously wet areas. Hygiene, cleaning, maintenance and safety must not be overlooked.
3) Select pool safe mosaic tiles, & mosaic tiles that don’t fade, crack or fall off.
4) Install mosaic tiles using recommended mosaic tile adhesives and grouts, tiles can fall off in pools if using unsuitable adhesives.
5) Colored grouts enhance the beauty of the tile white grouts can dominate the outcome.
6) Mosaic pool tiles not only should look great but they must be easy to maintain and have lasting qualities. Avoid cheap mosaic tiles inferior tiles can be a nightmare.
7) Select tile joint grouts that are suitable for water immersed situations.
8) If you having a Spa, the seats are much more comfortable to sit upon when they are tiled.
9) Sheer descents are popular as features, running water over un-tiled vertical surfaces will stain, so tile those surfaces to avoid an unsightly look.
10) Define your step edges with a grooved tile and/or colored tile tiles, pool steps are distorted and are higher than the general interior or exterior steps, within/exterior then other parts of the home this difference has the potential to reduce the cause of falls.
11) Do not underestimate the potential of quality pool tiles and waterline tiles in achieving a brilliant looking pool.
12) Compare other pools with other types of tiles and those that are tiled.
13) Ensure that the tiler you select is experienced with pool tiling, is licensed & comes with references.
14) Light color mosaic tiles will reflect more light they produce a warm feel which is inviting and appealing to the young as well as being more visible to eyes which are less able. So keep it bright and colorful.